Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Update

I'm horrible. Clearly horrible at blogging. So a quick update is necesasry.

I had been doing extremely well with training. Lost 2 more inches from my waist (HURRAH) and 1 more inch from my thighs (take THAT fat!). The scale is going nowhere, but my clothes are fitting much better and looser so I know something is working.

I finishe the Couch to 5k program and have started using my Nike + Ipod to train for a 10k. I liked doing a longer run and focusing on time rather than stressing over distance. I also like that the Nike + app has programs that help with speed training and cross training activities. I need that. Running on a treadmill is getting so boring, especially when it is getting so nice out.

Last Saturday I had my longest run to date- 4.67 miles with no stopping. I ran this in approximately 42 minutes. I say approximately because on the last stretch up the hill to my apartment complex i tripped over a tree root and sprained my right ankle. LAMMME. So I rested it on Sunday. Monday came along and I thought (in typical coach's daughter fashion- "oh i'll just tape it, it will be fine"). FALSE. I got a mile into the run and was in so much pain I had to call it quits.

I've rested it and done some ab and arm work for the last few days. I tried the bike but got so bored that I literally dread getting on that machine again. I'm like a child sometimes, with my constant need to be entertained or find something to occupy my mind. It just makes no sense for me to be cycling and going no. where.

I'm planning on getting back out there this weekened. Can't wait. Bought an ankle brace to help me and hopefully will avoid this in the future. I've also planned to start biking to work. I've only trail biked and never biked in the city, but it will save me almost $200 a month in commuting fees and gas fees- so that alone is worth it. Anybody bike into the city from Alexandria? Want to give me some tips on trails, areas to avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment