Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Accept and appreciate the fact that not every single run can be a good one

Seriously truer words have never been spoken (or typed).

I'm frustrated on so many levels. Today's run was just awful. I guess I thought that after my first 5k if would be easy to bust out another one on the treadmill today. WRONG. Although i made the best out of it and burned a ton of calories- it still makes me angry. I'm not seeing the results of all this hard work on my body which is even more frustrating. I thought I would be further along right now.

I know losing weight and getting in shape is a process. I accept that. I never thought that it would be so. darn. hard. to lose this excess weight. The thought of lipo seems so awesome because running with 10-20 lbs less fat on this body would be so much easier.

I have two more runs scheduled for this week, three probably counting the weekend. I just have to suck it up and move on.

I'm also not sure why i'm not losing more weight. I've hit a wall and the lbs are just not coming off. I've cut my calories to around 1200-1250 a day and am being very vigilant about keeping my food journal and documenting everything- but the scale isn't going down at all.

So frustrating. Oh well. It's still early in the week and I do have my birthday to look forward to! The runs will get better, the weight will come off. It just takes time. I know that (but that doesn't mean I have to like it!)


Eyes on the prize.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Zumba?? It might be something fun to try to switch things up and it burns up to 1000 calories in an hour class! :) If you want I'l bring you next time you are in Red Hook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz- I love Zumba, but the problem is that the classes are so crowded around here that you can't see the instructor and are so crammed in you can't get a workout! :(

    ReplyDelete