Monday, March 21, 2011

Keeping the Motivation Up

Why is this so hard?

I try to do well with both my strength training and cardio, but then the weekends come and the boyfriend de-rails any attempt to maintain my schedule. To be fair- it's not his fault, we are in the middle of tax season and he and I almost never see each other. So when he has a rare day off on the weekend- all we want to do is hang out, be lazy on the couch, or go to brunch/lunch together.

This weekend was amazing. He had all Saturday off so we slept in (yay 8:30 am) and when we got up we were starving. I cannot work out after eating. I'm so jealous of people that do but I just cannot. #1 way to make me sick sick sick. Sunday = brunch and errands and before I know it, the day is just gone.

Sigh. I know i'm just complaining. Does anyone else feel like their life sometimes sabotages your efforts to be healthy? All in all it wasn't a completely lost weekend- my eating has been pretty much spot on- which makes me happy. I'm sticking to my 1200-1250 calories a day, so hopefully i'll start seeing results soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment