Saturday, March 19, 2011

First things first

Hello!

Welcome to my world. I haven't blogged since college, and to be fair- this isn't a blog about my life, it is a blog to keep me accountable. First off, let me make something abundantly clear - I don't consider myself a "runner". No a runner is someone who i see who has an amazingly lean body, who doesn't consider a 6 mile run impossible, and someone who doesn't blink or freeze in fear when thinking about an upcoming 5k. I am none of these things.

I hated running growing up. Hated it even more in college because if I was running then I was usually late. About 6 months ago, my boyfriend started running on the treadmill at the gym, not one to be outdone, I tried the same, and hated it. Hated it with a passion, but I kept on. Suddenly one day I realized that I liked it. In fact, I REALLY liked it.

Flash forward till now. I signed up for the Cherry Blossom 10miler and training was going well, then suddenly I hit a wall. Running the 10miler scared me. One of my good friends is having her bacholorette party the night before, so i didn't think anything about switching from the 10miler to the 5k. Ever since then, training has gone downhill. Runs that I used to do well on are so tiring and i'm constantly sweating my time. My goal is complete this 5k in under 31 minutes- a reasonable goal, but now it is taking me closer to 40 minutes. It seems like the harder I try the worse I get.

So this leads me to the reason for this blog. I need to document my times, distances, and goals in a place where I don't have any judgement or scorn (DC runners can be really really snotty) and keep track and see my improvements- not just focus on the time aspect.

Here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. I have full faith! And I have heard snotty things about DC runners ;) hahahaha <3

    ReplyDelete