Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Guess Who's Back, Back Again

And i'm back. Right in time for the end of January.

I'll be honest, i took a break from all things blog, running, and exercising in general after I got engaged. Now that wedding plans are somewhat figured out, i can get back to it without feeling like my head is going to come off at various points in the day.

Coming back after taking 2 1/2 months off of running is hard, especially when those two months involve the sheer amount of food that they did. I'm a good 10 pounds heavier than I was when I took my break, but that's okay. I'm back on track (weight watchers points book and the lose it app are my best friends right now) and I'm fairly confident i'll make my goal.

Today's run was a "just getting back into the swing of things" run on the mall with the lovely Jenny from feetoffancy! We hadn't run together since she ran the Marine Corps Marathon back in October, needless to say there was MUCH to catch up on. It was a BEAUTIFUL night in DC and there were runners everywhere tonight. Sometimes working in the city, I forget how pretty DC is at night.

I plan on getting at least 2 more runs in this week (one tempo and one longer run this weekend) and work my way back up. My stamina sucks right now but at least my body remembers what it is doing. I remember when an almost 5 mile run was absolutely nothing, HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment