Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Ran A 20k (And Didn't Die!)

So, it's a Sunday night and I woke up after a 4 hour nap. A 4 hour GLORIOUS nap that I totally needed. I ran my first 20k today. The weather was pretty disgusting. 80's humid when periods of monsoon rain. The first 6 1/2 to 7 miles were all uphill. I kinda wanted to die BUT I finished in 2 hrs and 28 minutes. Pretty slow, but whatever. It's a PDR for me and i didn't die. WIN.

I was up before the alarm this morning at 4:30. Drove to meet the wonderful Jenny. Off we went.
BUT FIRST:
We have determined that this is how you know that you are a runner, when you are up and preparing for a race just as all the other "twentysomethings" are coming home from a club. This girl, no lie - gets out of a car. Clearly drunk off her ass and reaches in the back of his car and grabs her underwear. Classy. Yes, this is how I started my morning.

Full recap of the race will be up tomorrow. I'm still tired so i'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment